To reach our goal of providing the public educational opportunities all children and communities deserve, our city must embrace Six Principles:
- Ensure all families have access to high-quality DCPS schools in their neighborhoods – a predictable, matter-of-right path from preschool through high school.
- Focus resources on students and communities with the greatest need.
- Require coordinated planning between the District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS) and the Public Charter School Board (PCSB) to build a core system of stable DCPS neighborhood schools with a complementary set of alternative options.
- Responsibly manage our financial resources.
- Broaden assessment measures to focus on student growth and use multiple measures to assess a quality education.
- Ensure families and community members have reliable ways to exercise the right to participate in public education decision making.
Sign on below, and we will add your name to the list of supporters and keep you updated about our efforts.